Wednesday 13 October 2010

S T A R T I N G - M Y - B L O G

 As you know this is the very first post that I've made in my blog. I began an AS course in Media Studies at my school in September and have now set up this blog. The purpose of this blog is to update regular on the progress that I am doing on my course and in my classes. Thus blog should be regularly updates, around twice a week (or maybe more if I'm making good progress). With five lessons a week spread out onto two days, every wednesday and friday, you can expect me to keep updated on those days as homework for my course.

 The task that I am currently working on is the first peice of coursework that I have been set for my AS course, which is to research and design a music magazine for an audience and genre of my choice. I've already started to research the codes and conventions of a school magazine as a practice, including making a questionnaire and a practice front cover for my mock magazine called 'Ed', as in 'Educational Magazine',
 I still have to work out what my music magazine is going to be called, what the main (double page spread) article will be, what will be on the contents page and what kind of magazine it will be, e.g. what music genre and what target audience I'm aiming for. I have a rough idea that I want to make a music magazine that it somewhere in between 'NME' and 'Kerrang!'. I'm thinking a 'Kerrang!' style magazine but more for girls as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment