Thursday 24 March 2011

P H O T O S H O O T - P L A N

Photo-shoot Plan
For my photo shoot I will get 3 models. I’ll ask my older sister, 19 to model as the main singer of a 3 person band. I will also ask two young men to model, seeing as the magazine is aimed at men I think that it would be appropriate to have men on the front cover. I will ask two of my friends, one 20 and one 18 to model as the other band members and be featured on both the cover and the double page spread. I believe these people will be appropriate because my sister is attractive, and one of the boys has long hair, and the other has a goatee which suits the appearance of most men who like rock music. I think that their age also suits the idea of an upcoming rock band.
The setting of the photo shoot of the cover image will be at my house. I will use a large white sheet to cover a wall and shine spot lights on it to make sure that it is well lit. If the weather outside is sunny, I will consider doing the photo shoot outside because natural lighting is the best for portrait pictures. The camera that I will use is my Nikon D300 Digital-SLR, a very low end professional camera, but it will still give the effect of a professional picture.
For makeup, I will put heavy eyeliner and eye shadow on my sister, to make her look dark and rebel-like but still attractive. I’ll give her and the boys spiky / rough looking hair stairs that are associated with people who like heavy rock music. I might even put a little bit of makeup on all of them to contour and highlight the angles of their face so they show up better in the photographs.
Wardrobe for my sister will be a tight t-shirt with another band on or a gothic looking pattern with black jewellery. I’ll get her to wear grey or black trousers, with accessories like a belt or chain, although they won’t be seen on the front cover. One of the guys will wear a black band t-shirt and dark denim jeans which could be tattered or ripped. The other could wear a black or grey top with any image on, and grey, black or blue denim trousers. Boots or black trainers shall be worn by all of the models. This clothing suits the appropriate ‘stereotypical’ style of people in rock bands and would appeal to my target audience.
Another important thing that I will include in my magazine is props. I will have one of the boys carry a pair of drumsticks and the other could have a guitar on a harness around him and hold it loosely. For the front cover and another image that I will put at the top of the double page spread I will have the female model holding nothing, but I may put another picture in the double page spread at the bottom of the second page giving an example of them in concert she will be screaming down a microphone.
I will take another picture of the band that will go at the top page of the double page spread and it will be on a location. I will chose somewhere ‘grungey’, like a subway or the rooftop of a building. This will show variety in the photography.
Finally, I’ll do a miniature photo shoot with my Dad. I’ll use a square portrait of him (shoulders up) to put at the top of the ‘letter from the editor’ section in the contents page of magazine. Many editors of magazines are middle aged men. I’ll probably put some glasses on him to make him look like the magazine type.
I will also do a photo shoot (most probably with myself in the picture wearing head phones) to create an image which looks like an album cover to go into the contents page in the reviews section. This will represent a album review that will be mentioned in the Reviews section of the contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment